Monday, October 5, 2009

the ongoing debate

Ben and I are in need of new cars....for various reasons:
1. With a growing family, our little sedan is getting too cramped
2. My little car is automatic nothing!....I have to unlock my door then reach back and unlock the the back doors...all with a toddler running around and a car seat in hand.
3. Now that we live by Thanksgiving Point....it is SOOOOOOOOO windy up here. My car is so light the wind plus ice factor will throw my car all over. (there is a reason why all the paragliding people are jumping off the point of the mountain!) And from what our neighbors have told us. Lehi is a small spread out town....and their road clearing organization is not very good....and our roads aren't cleared very well. Cars get stuck going out of our subdivision.
4. I have 2 babies I need to tote around and want something safer!....

And that is just my car....Ben's car is falling apart little by little. Eventually we'll replace our cars, but right now we are going to replace mine first.

We are deciding between a Honda Pilot, and a Honda Odessy. They are both similar in price, and reliability....The pilot has 4 wheel drive and looks cool! and the odessy is a mini van...probably more practical but is only a 2 wheel drive. I think it is a pride issue with me where I really don't want to drive a mini van, but I decided to be open minded and test drive one. It really wasn't that bad, it drove great, but it is hard to get past the fact that it is a mini van! However, driving up the hill tonight to our house, I can see how the pilot would be more reliable. What to do, what to do.....really...????? We are wanting to get a new one before we go out of town this weekend. (we are driving down to Vegas for the football game!!! Go BYU!!!)

P.S......does anyone or know anyone who would want a cute 2004 black Chevy Cavalier.....she's been so good to me....her name is BB (black beauty) if you want to adopt her!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I'd go w/ the 4x4 especially for your trips back to NE! But that's just me...I'm an SUV/Truck kinda girl! I feel the same about mini-vans. Sometimes they look way comfy for long trips and even big grocery runs...but I just don't think they're cool. haha. How exciting though, to be getting a new car!! Sounds like fun! Good luck w/ your search:)

Lexi Zendejas said...

get the pilot! i googled and it looks SWEET!

Garrison Propaganda said...

good luck with your decision. i know the move to a minivan is a huge kick in the face. i was totally not wanting one. but we couldnt afford anything else that would be practical. our little car had automatic nothing too. it didnt even have a cd player. but then #3 came along and there was physically no way our family of five could function on one five seater anymore. we bought the van keeping in mind we do want at least one more. plus its nice to be able to help others picking up and dropping off kids. i didnt know you moved to thanksgiving point. do you like that area?

i would get the one that i felt i had the most space in. we looked at another 7 seater, but the way the benches were crammed in the car i knew it would be miserable. and it had no trunk space. major downer since we will probably be driving to visit family from now on with 5. i would suggest putting your carseats and babycarrier in without ben. see how easy it easy to manage and maybe that will help with the decision.

so did you already buy? im jealous you went to vegas. not for the football, just the city. :)

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

ok-so our next car WILL BE the Honda Pilot. I've done enough of my own research to know that it's probably the most practical car for us (for the very same reasons as you posted)... but we're waiting another year or two.
I'm also very "anti-van" because they're low to the ground, have 2WD and well, let's face it-they're NOT cool. :)
That's all. :)