Friday, September 2, 2011

Projects

A few Saturdays ago, I signed Charley up for a free clinic at Lowe's to make a little school locker. She was excited to go to "Schrammpa's favorite store," but she was also excited to build something. Ben took her, and this is how she came home! So cute!
Ben and Calvin have been working on my crown moldings on our first floor! They have done an AMAZING job! Some of the corners were tricky, I'm really impressed they figured it all out. But Ben has been working on filling in the seams and caulking a few hours every night. Then we'll have to do some paint touch up, so no close-ups until he is all done!
When my mom was here last month she was able to paint our nursery. I let Charley pick the paint color since it will be her room once the baby can start sleeping through the night. Then Charley will get this room, and the baby will share with Gabby. I am still working on the crib. I am painting it white to match. It will be a cute room!....almost ready for baby!

2 comments:

honorindians said...

I think Ben was "caulking" the molding. Looks great Ben and Calvin.

mlzendejas said...

hahaha! LOVE IT! Charley is so cute! Her little project turned out great! I love that she is learning to handle tools! The crown molding looks beautiful! and the little book/night stand looks great! Did you or Ben do that? Remember I can help with the crib! You shouldn't be around paint fumes too much! :)