Thursday, January 10, 2013

To Do List

 I have a long list of things to do around the house....one of which was to cut this girls rat tail!  Dani had this long strand of hair that seems to grow abnormally faster then the rest of her hair....thus, the rat tail!
 Her first Hair cut!  Done!
 Now that all of my girls have taken their one year pictures, I decided to make a big wall of them.  I spent money on them, might as well show them off!  I had some boards cut at Home Depot, and mod podged the pictures on.  Added picture hooks and hung them up myself.  One year picture wall. Done!
When we originally painted Dani's nursery, we let Charley pick the color. We knew eventually that it would be her room.  Once Dani was on the same schedule as the other girls, we thought it would be best if Charley had her own room.  She is getting older, and wanting a little more private space....without the little girls in her way all the time.  It is understandable.  I grew up in a house with 4 other girls.  I know she is a lot younger than I was when I got my own room.  But with only 3 girls, we figured the older one should have there own room rather than the baby.  We have been working hard to turn it from a baby room to a little girls room.  Even though Charley wanted her own room, I knew she really like sharing with Gabby.  I thought she would be scared to sleep alone.  But this girls is always surprising me.  She LOVES it, and doesn't mind sleeping alone.  I think she gets more sleep this way.

Switching rooms. Done!

**I took this pictures last night after the girls were asleep!  ...you can see Charley's head poking out from the covers!

6 comments:

mamaschramm said...

Oh, Charley is a big girl and yay for her being adaptable. Love the One-Year wall too!!!

bmz said...

what size are the pictures on your one year wall, and what wall did you decide to use it on.

also, Ry was wearing your tie last night on his t-shirt. "mom, where's my tie from aunt meref?"

Jordanlz said...

Cute wall!

mlzendejas said...

I hope you saved Dani's cute little curls for her scrapbook! The one-year wall turned out much cuter than I pictured it! I like how you have the diagonal of all the girls in their regalia! Charley's room looks so cute and girly! And Meredith, didn't you have to wait until Brooktynn moved out to college before you got your own room?

bmz said...

No. She didn't wait until I "moved out" until she got her own room. I do recall her moving all her stuff in there before I moved out...

Meredith said...

I don't remember moving in before hand. but that was a while ago!

Brooktynn the pictures are 8x8, but the boards are 9x9 (that was the closest size they had at home depot.)
I used left over contact paper I had as backing, and painted the edges, and mod podged the pics on. They are hanging in my hall upstairs.