Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'm still "Hangin Tuff"

Tonight I got a call at 6:00pm from a good friend telling me that her friend had 2 extra tickets to the New Kids on the Block concert and if I wanted to go. Ben was a saint and not only watch Charley, but Liz's kids as well so she could come! The show started at 8pm, so we got fixed up, and headed up to SLC! Natasha Beningfield was the opening act...I was actually really happy to see her as well, I really like her.

We had great seats....18 rows up, right next to the stage....I could see the group perfectly! It was a 2 hour show, and they sang EVERYTHING....all of their old and new songs. I was so happy I was able to remember all of the words!

It was a great night!

I only had my camera phone, and I tried to take videos of the concert but since my camera phone doesn't do the best indoors, plus with all the crazy lights, it just looks like a big light blurb. But if you listen closely you can hear some of the song behind the screaming fans!...enjoy....you know you all were jealous! :)....you all secretly used to love NKOTB!! I am not ashamed to admit that I had the works....the dolls, the night gowns, the posters...

4 comments:

Josh and Tawnya Begay said...

awesome!!! When my older sis went, she also said she remembered all the old songs too!!!!

bmz said...

I will honestly admit that I never even secretly liked them. Really. Remember that one time, as a gift someone gave me their greatest hits album, thinking that it was me that used to be obsessed with them! I'm glad you got to go. I will admit that if someone gave me free tickets to see them, I probably would have gone, but not for childhood's sake!

Garrison Propaganda said...

seriously? oh my. never was a fan, but all my friends were. so i will admit i am familiar with some songs. but a girls night out to a concert (with an awesome opening act) and sweet husband is always a welcomed event!

i ran across a website i hope you might find useful. i found it when i was reading about things i shouldnt be recycling. hopefully it will send you in the right direction, and not give you the run around! just type in your zipcode and click on the item youre trying to recycle. good luck!
http://earth911.com/

W said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time. Concerts are so much fun! And for free!!