Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pregnancy Pains!


There are a lot of people that love being pregnant....I am not one of those people! I know this is an exciting time in our lives, but I just wish we could just skip the whole pregnant part! I can live through most of the pains, however, with both pregnancies I have had gall bladder problems.

Your gall bladder is what processes your fat. For some women, when they are pregnant, it decides that it doesn't want to process it. So when I eat fat I get these sharp pains under my chest. It feels like someone is sticking a knife in me. If I eat too much fat, and start building gall stones, they will have to remove my gall bladder after I give birth. The goal: no fat!....which SUCKS!....especially when you are pregnant and are very aware of food, and cravings. I am grateful for Ben being the Food Police, but I just want to eat and feel satisfied. I have been eating a lot of salad with either no dressing or fat free dressing, and yogurt, and veggies, and fruit. However, I can only eat so much of it before it doesn't even interest me anymore....I am only 18 weeks, and I still have a long way to go....this is going to be a long 22 weeks!

I have found a few recipes with chicken and rice that are low fat, but I am running out of ideas....If you have any good recipes that are pretty low in fat please send them my way....I am willing to try anything!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

*most people who read this have my email...if it is easy to send them that way. If not just ask and I can give it to you.

Thanks Everyone!

6 comments:

Josh and Tawnya Begay said...

you know I feel the same way about pregnancy. I have never enjoyed it, because for the most part I feel sick all the time and it seems I wait for the day I don't feel like throwing up... well, unfortunately that day has not come.. But, after reading about what your going through,,my goodness I should not be complaining at all. I will try to gather my healthy recipes and see if I can give you any ideas. Josh is on an all veggie/ fruit diet(well for the most part).. so I kind of have an idea about not wanting to eat anymore salads.. hope it gets better..

Paul said...

Chelsea makes these great chocolate muffins that are low-fat. They use bananas instead of butter or oil. Depending on how much fat you can take, they're really good with a few chocolate chips mixed in the batter. I'll try and remember to get the recipe from her.

Kelsey said...

I thought they take your gall bladder out after you had Charley!!

I'm the same way about pregnancy, I actually told Paul if I could just have the baby I'd take it. I just don't want to be sick for 9 months again.

La Roggia said...

No good "low-fat" recipes that I can think of except for what you've already been eating... sorry! But feel free to look at the yummy pics of things that I have baked and dream about eating it in 22 weeks! LOL! You can do it! mmmm chocolate cake...

Crystal said...

You know me...I'm not good at low fat or no fat stuff. I'm Navajo. haha. I wish you the best though; hope you're able to get through this not-fun-part of being pregnant! We need to get together by the way:) Chenoa's desperately in need of some fellow-toddler fun:) See ya soon! Love ya!

Garrison Propaganda said...

ey-yi-yi! that doesnt sound like fun at all. low fat things, good grief i wouldnt know where to begin. when i look at recipes they dont usually say fat content. are you talking about meals or treats? that would be rough. good luck these next few months, and hang in there!