Thursday, June 2, 2011

Getting All Set Up...

We've been in our new house for a few weeks now, and we are slowly getting things put together. We still have half of the rooms with nothing in them, but we'll get there. My mom is coming in a few weeks to help paint and make curtains, and some other little things. So once she comes, things will look a lot better.

Here are some of my favorite things about the house so far:
Our fireplace.....and even though it is June, we have used it. It has been quite cold here the past few months. In fact some of the ski resorts say they will be open until July 4th. We really haven't had a spring here...just a very long extended winter.
I love these windows.....they let in so much light. I never have to turn the lights on until after 8pm.
These are my new favorite toys!!! Arn't they pretty!!!
And I've actually enjoyed cooking in here.
double sinks.....sweet!!!
Jetted tub....HEAVEN!!!
This is actually our guest room....We have part of the summer filled up...call me now to schedule a visit! We are looking forward to our friends coming to visit in less that two weeks! (Yay! Wendy Can't wait!)
This is a before picture of the bookshelf I painted for the girls.
And this is the after! I think it turned out really cute. It matches the dresser I painted for them last summer. We found this bookshelf in the garage of our old apartment. The previous renters left it. We ended up putting it in our storage room to help organize things, and decided to bring it with us....so I could paint it for the girls. Sweet Free deal!
We've really enjoyed getting to know our ward and neighbors. And the girls love all the space.

The only bad things so far is the backyard neighbors dog. Not every night, but a few times we
have woken up to it barking.

3 comments:

mlzendejas said...

Can't wait to come see in person! The bookcase is so cute! Great idea!

W said...

Love it! We have the same cutout above our fireplace! We'll have to go shopping while I'm there. I'm still trying to fill in my house and it's been almost 2 years.

Unknown said...

What? A real bed and not an air mattress with a slow leak like at my house?!