Friday, July 20, 2012

3 years

 Today this little girl turned 3!!! I still can't believe it. I can still remember her when she was born, she had a cute squished face, especially at the top of her nose.  She was perfect! ....Then she found her voice a few months later, and we haven't figured out how to turn her off since!
 Ever since Charley's birthday, she has been "patiently" waiting for her birthday.  ....haahaa.....I guess anxiously waiting is more appropriate.  She gets so frustrated when others are having their birthday and not her....First I had a birthday, then Ben, and she was supposed to be next, but at the beach house Schrammpa had his birthday.  She kept telling everyone her birthday was "tomorrow".  But the day finally arrived! It was Gabby's Birthday.  And she has been wanting a Tinkerbell Birthday for soooooo long.  Sometimes, it was all she could talk about. ....literally!  So being the nice mom that I am, couldn't reject that face....could you?!  So a Tinkerbell birthday it was.  Lucky me, Charley has also had a few Tinkerbell parties, so I had a lot of stuff already!  We only invited a few friends that lived in our culd-e-sac. When the got to our house I had little Tinkerbell pictures for them to color. They each came with a little pack of markers, thank you dollar store!
 Then we made fairy wands....aka oreos on a stick dipped in chocolate covered in sprinkles!  After making wands, we played "fairy, fairy, Tinkerbell"....instead of "duck, duck, goose."
 After the crafts and games we had presents and cake!....I saw this cute idea on pinterest to bake the cake in a ice cream cone.  Gabby loved it....way cute idea. I didn't feel the need to buy ice cream when my cake was shaped like it!  After cleaning off all the little hands, it was outside for bubbles until mom's arrived.  It was only an hour long, but it was good enough for the Birthday Girl!

When Ben got home, we took the Birthday Girl out to dinner, and because I was too tired to make dinner....setting up for the party, having the party, cleaning up the party then making another cake...plus taking care of kids was enough for this mom!

 When we got home, it was time for her to open the presents we got her, and eat another cake.  ....The Tinkerbell cake she always talked about!
 (I went to H&M the other day, and they had a bunch of stuff for a $1!!! ...like this hat, the bag, I got Charley some socks, and Dani some tennis shoes....all for a $1each....I also got Gabby a few shirts for $3...score!)
I know the cake looks a little creepy, but this was the best I could do in the time I had to make the cake.  I sure have gotten quite a few cakes out of that cake pan, and I'm sure this wont be the last Tinkerbell cake I make!

Happy Birthday to my crazy, beautiful, energetic, funny, adorable, Loud, never a dull moment Gabby. We love you.  We hope your Tinkerbell Birthday was everything you wanted!

4 comments:

Courtney Schramm said...

I loved reading this Mere! She looks so grown up...looking forward to watching her grow this next year (at least the potty training is over) haha. Miss you.

bmz said...

So, I know you think pinterest showed you those ice cream cone cupcakes, but mom made those for my 3rd or 4th birthday, almost 20 years ago! It was fun having kids the same age while it lasted! What a fun party for such a cute girl!

bmz said...

So, I know you think pinterest showed you those ice cream cone cupcakes, but mom made those for my 3rd or 4th birthday, almost 20 years ago! It was fun having kids the same age while it lasted! What a fun party for such a cute girl!

mlzendejas said...

Glad she had a fun birthday! She is so stinkin' cute! I don't remember making the ice cream cone cupcakes, but if that was 20 years ago, no wonder. (I didn't remember the salt in the water episode either) ;)