Monday, March 16, 2009

Rex Lee Run!



This is my 3rd year running in the Rex Lee Run! I always have such a fun time running it. The course starts at the football stadium, goes through campus and ends on the outdoor track. The first year I ran it with Brooktynn, and we ran it in honor of our Aunt Denise. We sent her our picture in our shirts, and our race bibs. I am glad we were able to do that for her, even though it really wasn't anything big. She passed away later that summer. The next year I ran it, it was all of my siblings that were here in Provo and Ben and Charley! And this year the number was smaller with just Ben, Charley in the stroller, and Jordan. It was still fun though. Originally we were all going to walk it. Non of us have been really "training" for it. I've been going to the gym but haven't been pushing myself very hard....for obvious reasons. So we decided we would jog/walk the race and just have fun and help support cancer research, and the other members of our family with cancer. Back in Nebraska all 100+ members of our extended family walk/jog together in the cancer race back at home, and since we are so far away, this is our way of supporting our family.

Plus my dad founded the race back when he was SBA president at the law school....before it was taken over by the cancer society on campus. ...I have to give a shout to my cool dad and the law school...where it originated!

So back to the race...we started off running up university parkway (which is a long, big hill!) we felt good and continued through campus running. Once we got to the parking lot of the law school, we had to stop!....We had to stop because I had to go to the bathroom really bad! My bladder has gotten weaker and weaker as the pregnancy has gone on, and the baby bouncing on my bladder was not helping it. We walked until we came to the Benson Building and I ran inside and found a restroom! After that We continued running down the hill by the testing center, through the tennis courts and onto the track! We finished the race in a time of 37:00 minutes....and that is with a 5 minute bathroom break! I think that is a pretty good time for being prego!

The weather was a little chili when we started, but was perfect by the time we finished! It was a great morning!

5 comments:

bmz said...

I'm so sad we missed it. It was really fun last year. What a good time.

Crystal said...

That's great that you guys do that every year! Even Charley! She looks so cute all bundled up. I'm sure it was a fun ride for her. You're amazing how you stay so active during your pregnancies! I am amazed!! Good job!!

Garrison Propaganda said...

way to go! thats awesome, and fun you can do it with other family members. how far of a run is it? sorry to hear youre already having frequent urges to go to the bathroom. my kids are never really low enough where i feel like thats too big of an issue. congrats on finishing the run!

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

LOL! I totally know what you mean about taking potty breaks ALL the time. Especially when working out.

W said...

I wish I could have run with you guys! I'm glad you had fun. I just ordered some new running shoes, so I hope that motivates me enough to start running again.