Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hoop competition!


I have the best job ever! ...I have been working part-time for the Provo City School District for the past 9 years with the Title VII, Indian Education Program. I love my job, and I love working with the kids....and I love working with my boss, Cathy. I always have crazy things that I want to do, and she is always so supportive and just lets me do what I want! 8 years ago I wanted to start teaching a hoop class. So when I came back from Arizona this past February from the World Hoop Competition, I got all excited and wanted to put on a little hoop competition for the kids that I teach here. With the help of so many, it happened this weekend! Everything went great! The kids had fun, and we had a great turn out! We were even raised some money to help us start funds for next years!

My little brother Ruben made the cool poster for me!


We also went to Averie's birthday party this weekend....She turned 1! Our friends Amy and Brennen planned an amazing party! I think we had just as much fun as the kids....the tattoo station was a hit!...I think it was supposed to be mainly for the kids, but the adults hogged all the fun! And there was a big blowup jumping thing, that I think more adults played in then kids...Ben being one of them! However, we couldn't pry Charley away for anything...she loved it! I also made one of Averie's cakes....and I think it turned out cute!
They had a little photo place...I love the ironing board as a surf board!
They were pretty much inseparable....notice that "tats"....Charley had one on each arm, and by the end of the night, I think Paka had 4!
My bird cake...I thought it was cute....and Averie seemed to like it!....or at least the frosting

8 comments:

bmz said...

Cool poster. Is that one of Ryan's pictures? You are getting super good at the cakes.

Melanie said...

CuhUUUTE! Looks like fun! I think ben had a fly on his face in that pic...

Meredith said...

brooktynn....that was a pic that Terri Goedel took...and mel...that was a tattoo...not a fly....lol...Ben ended up with 3, charley had two and I had 1....but some of the adults had like 10!

honorindians said...

That tat station gave me an idea for a new reality show: Mormons gone wild!

W said...

Way to go! that's so great. I love the bird design on the cake too. Very cool.

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

I love that cake! So cute!

Sam and/or Monika said...

great job!!

Garrison Propaganda said...

beautiful cake. i LOVE the colors. everytime i see your creations i remind myself i want to take a cake decorating class someday when i have time.