Saturday, April 26, 2014

Kids Fun Run

Last year I ran the Thanksgiving Point Half Marathon.  As I was sitting in the field next to the finish, I saw a bunch of kids crossing the finish line.  I hadn't realized that there was also a kids one mile fun run going on at the same time.  It was the cutest thing!  They all had their new t-shirts on, with numbers and all got finishers medals. I decided that the next year I wanted our girls to run it.  So a few weeks ago, I signed Charley and Gabby up. They were so excited to pick up their race packet the day before and see all the goodies they got.  Aunt Kay even came with us in the morning to watch them.  The only problem was that it was cold and rainy.  But that didn't burst their bubble.  They did an awesome job!  They ran the whole way, and for the most part ran holding hands. I love making running a family affair! 

In a few weeks the elementary is having their 5K, that they are also super excited for! 

We are so proud of our girls! 

No comments: