Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Yo GabaGaba!!!....



She's here!!!....Gabriella Sofia Schramm
Born July 20, 2009 8:53am
7 lbs 6 oz, 20 inches long

Gabby is Beautiful!! After looking at old baby pics of Charley, they look like the exact same baby, except Gabby is a little rounder in the face....and it looks like Gabby's eyes will eventually turn brown, and not blue. I know I am a little bias, but Ben and I make some cute babies!

We got to the hospital yesterday at 6:30am for our scheduled c-section at 8:30am. I was really nervous, even though I knew what to expect. I think it would have been different if I were to have her naturally....the rush and excitement of going into labor, and not knowing exactly when she would come is a lot different then knowing and dwelling on what was going to happen to you. Plus, you have to add in my HUGE fear of needles and blood! Last time I was so freaked out that they had to knock me out b/c I was shaking so much and they couldn't sew me up. But this time I tried really hard to stay as calm as I could so I could see her right after she was born, and not 4 hours later. Ben and the doctors/nurses were great and tried to distract me the whole time by asking me questions and Ben had me listening to his headphones. Because she had already dropped, her head was in my pelvic bone, so they had to use forcepts on her, which made her bruse, and cause her face to swell a little more than usual. But the swelling has gone down a lot today, and you can really see her features. She is such a good baby, and Charley just loves her. My mom has been bringing her up, and she will tell all the nurses that Gabriella is her baby sister! Gabby has already gotten lots of love and kisses from her big sister!

They couldn't give her a real bath until today b/c they had to do lost of tests on her (they always have to do extra on c-section babies) so her hair is a little matted on all the pictures. But when they gave her one today, her hair looks darker and it even looks like she has more than we thought. I haven't downloaded pics from today, but here are some of her first day!

We are still at the hospital....I get 4 days here b/c of the surgery, but I can't wait to take our baby girl home.

4 comments:

bmz said...

Charley is such a cute big sister. Gabriella is very lucky!

Unknown said...

I told Ben we need to get the 4 of us on a bike ride when you come back. Thanks for the framed photo, that was so thoughtful. I love how vivid the colors are. Ben did an awesome job.

Cherisse said...

So cute! Charley is such a sweetie. Glad everything went well. The 2nd c-section recovery was soooo much better for me!!!Congrats!

Garrison Propaganda said...

so so so sweet. im missing it all already. shes quite the stylin newborn. and did i mention i LOVE the BLUE bow?!? only one of your cuties with loads of black hair can pull that off! congrats!!!