Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ragnar....

What is a Ragnar Relay you ask?....well, let me tell you. It is a running race that is 188.2 miles long! Ben and I were on a team of 12 people. We were able to have 2 vans. We each were assigned a leg, and then Van 1 would run all 6 runners, then Van 2 would run all 6 of their runners. After each van went, we did the same process 2 more times. We each ran a total of 3 times with various miles depending on your leg. All legs were pre-determined, and we had check points/hand offs along the way. Since it was a long race, we ran through the night....while the other van was running, we were sleeping and eating....or trying to sleep!

Leading up to the race, it was a bit crazy and stressful. But thanks to my wonderful sisters, who watched the girls, we were able to enjoy running without worrying too much about the girls!

It sounds like it wouldn't be that much fun, but I can honestly tell you it was SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!
Van 1 team members "Running Native"....Laiza, Me, Ben, Tevita, Kyle, Anahi....us at the start. We met up with Van 2 at exchange 6.
Ben and I at the starting line.
Ben waiting at his exchange point for Anahi to hand off the slap bracelet, we used as a baton...
Running my first leg...I ran a total of 23 miles!
Our whole team..."Running Native!"....at the finish 34 hours later!

Ragnar Relay Series ~ Wasatch Back 2010

1 comment:

Dezi & Brock said...

This looks like so much fun!! I would love to do it!! And your team name was awesome!