Friday, June 4, 2010

Tinkerbell Room....

Here is another one of my projects!....Charley & Gabby's Tinkerbell room....it isn't done, but it is getting closer!
So after my last project, I wised up and invested in an electric sander!....So we all know that Memorial Day weekend has tons of sales everywhere! Welp, guess what I was very excited to buy?...yep, a sander. When I told Ben he just laughed and said "You're just like your Mom!" I took that as a complement! But it made sanding the dresser sooooo much easier!
I bought this dresser a few months ago on KSL....for $20!!!! It was a perfect size for two little girls clothes! However, it was not the prettiest....so I decided to paint it! I asked Charley what color she wanted it painted, (thinking maybe she would say pink or purple) and she said she wanted it green and blue. So I decided to paint it the tinkerbell green and blue!
Here it is sanded thanks to my new handy dandy sander! I eventually took the knobs off to sand them down better....and primed and painted!

And the finished product~
Notice the lamp I finished on the dresser! And my sister Brooktynn made those little blocks on the dresser for the girls....one set says "Gabby" and the other says "Charley"...
Notice the teal curtains....I would like to thank Char once again for having her wedding colors Teal and Thanks MamaS for giving me all her leftover fabric/table clothes from the wedding! Yes, those were the lace they used for the tables!

I still have lots of projects I am anxious to get done around the house, but they will have to wait until after the wedding...I now have to get sewing! (Cal and Courtney's wedding)

7 comments:

mlzendejas said...

The dresser turned out SO DANG CUTE!!!
I LOVE IT!!!

mlzendejas said...

P.S. I like your sander! I wish mine had a dust catcher bag attachment! Nice!

Crystal said...

Yay! Great job! Their room looks so cute:)

mamaschramm said...

What a perfect little girl room you have made for you perfect little girls! loooove it!

Lexi Zendejas said...

wow that's impressive meredith! the room looks so cute!

Sam and/or Monika said...

exactly the colors we painted our dresser for the kids' jungle room. ;) nice choice!

Ben said...

Man, forget the dresser...I need to buy myself one of those sanders!