Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Birthday Event

Today was Gabby Birthday, July 20, 2010. I can not tell you how much I love this girl! I think Ben and I got super lucky to have two adorable, loving, smart, so stinkin' cute little girls!

Gabby started the day sleeping in. (do you love her random clothes I put her to bed in?!!) And she woke up just as happy as ever! Crazy hair and all! Love it!
We got her a few big things for her birthday this year, and decided to just give them to her rather than try and wrap them. One of which was her very own big girl car seat!!! She also got a baby high chair, stroller, and cradle for her new baby doll she got (we just wrapped the baby doll, and she opened it later at her party.) those items were too big to wrap, so they were out waiting for her to play with in the morning!

I didn't have time to install the new car seat, but just threw it in the back of the car to put in later. In the morning we went over to our friend Michele Reyes house. A few months ago she approached me about service swapping! I am teaching her boys how to hoop dance, and in return, she was going to take the girls pictures. She was the one who took Charley's one year pictures, and I wanted to have her do Gabby's anyway....so it all worked out perfect!! I love her work, and think she is Amazing! So while I was teaching her boys hoop, she took Charley's pictures, and Gabby napped in her car seat (her old one, she could lay down better). And then when we were done, both girls got their pictures done, then Gabby got her's done.

After pictures we were off to pick up dad at work to take the girls to lunch. We let Charley pick, and she picked Wendy's. She says Wendy's is her favorite food store!...hahaa...
Once we took dad back to the office, he helped us get Gabby into her new car seat. (notice their matching dresses?...I am obsessed with all things matching with girls! That's one of the many fun things about having 2 girls....coordinating outfits! priceless!!!)
She LOVES it! I wish I wasn't driving and was able to film her squealing and kicking her little feet with joy!
What a pretty girl!
We had to run to the store for a few things, then it was back home to put the birthday girl down for a much needed nap. And Charley and I decorated the cake and set up for the party. We had grilled cheese for dinner, and cake for dessert!....

1 comment:

Cherisse said...

Your girls are so cute! Good to see you guys are happy and doing Good.