Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween Festivities!

Charley wanted to be a witch and Repunzel for Halloween. So she was a witch for her school party. That is my shirt....with pins in the back. And my Christmas socks!!!...pulled up to her thighs!! But that was the best we could do last minute! She only has school Tuesday-Friday, so her class party was on Friday (which I got to help with....so fun!), and then the school parade was on Monday, on Halloween. It was an optional activity that Charley wanted to go to, so that time she was Repunzel.
Our pretty princesses! Repunzel and Sleeping Beauty!

Then Friday night we went to our ward/church Halloween Party/Trunk or Treat.

Monday, after the School costume parade, we had a neighborhood trick or treating kick-off!...Hosted by our little cul-de-sac. It was really fun....everyone brought food to share, and we had a few games. After we all cleaned off, the kids were off trick or treating. Calvin and Courtney came over to spend the night with us....Courtney went with me and the girls trick or treating. Calving stayed back with Ben to pass out candy....or to scare kids. Ben dressed up as a scare crow on the porch, and pretended he was fake....and scared kids and their parents.....and Calvin took videos of it! They had a fun nigh!
Last Sunday, after church, I came down the stairs and found Charley reading to Gabby. It was so cute....both girls have their arms around each other. I promise I didn't tell them to do it.

On a side note, I am so grateful/lucky to have such great jobs. I just came home from a meeting with one of my jobs. I am the certified teacher for a private school that has an independent study program. I created the curriculum, and now the students finish the packet, it gets emailed to me and I grade it....I've done it for the last 5 years, and now I can grade them super fast. For the past 5 years we have had a "provisional" accreditation....and have been working toward full accreditation. Tonight was our meeting with the National Accreditation team, and it went great! It was fun to hear all the good things that they saw we were doing....and it made me feel good as a teacher. Since I have been out of the actual school system for a few years, sometimes I feel out of it. But after tonight, I felt like I really am a good teacher. The team was really impressed with my curriculum!! Pat on the back to me!

2 comments:

mlzendejas said...

The girls are so adorable! How cute is that picture with Charley reading to Gabby? Congrats on the accreditation meeting. Not only are you a good teacher, you are also a good mom!!!

Monika Crowfoot said...

cute princesses! makayah wanted to be three different things for halloween too, goodness, all the dressing up. glad you guys had fun!