Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Omaha

Last week I went to Omaha with the girls. I had to dance, and the girls got some lovin' from Nana & Grandpa.
It was a busy week. We were able to visit my grandparents on my mom's side.....4 generation picture. My Grandma has a HUGE doll collection, that the girls love looking at.
We also spent time with my grandpa on my dads side. So glad we got to see my grandparents, I have so much family in Omaha, it was sad we couldn't see them all.
We went the to park in downtown Omaha with some HUGE and FAST slides. I remember going down them when we were younger and thinking they were so tall and fast. As I have gone back as an adult they don't look so big now, but they are still fast!!!! ....and we brought some wax paper with us, and we flew down.
The downtown park is called the Gene Leahy Mall. It isn't a 'mall', but a park and walking path/duck pond. But Omaha is filled with art, and had these 'artsy' benches all over the mall. This one was are favorite.
Seriously love this baby!!!...she was perfect the whole week!
And the Joslyn Art Museum also had this new Children's Garden on the outside. It was filled with fun stuff for the kids to look at and do. So we took the girls.


Joslyn is also right next to my old high school. Yay Central High School!!! Go Eagles! I think my high school is a pretty cool looking building.



On the steps outside the front of the museum. I have to laugh at the picture with me and the girls because Dani looks like she does NOT want to be there!

We also got to see cousin Bella!! Always fun to see her!
There was a Rocket Fizz in Omaha, so we went there a few times and had 'soda tastings' almost every night.

We also took the girls on the walking bridge, and while I was dancing one day my parents took the girls to the temple and visitors center.

Besides spending time with family, we also went to Omaha so I could dance. Omaha Public Schools (OPS) invited me to put on a Hoop clinic for their Indian Education program. They had heard I had organized a hoop program here in UT, and wanted me to help them get started with one out there. And since I was there, my dad had me dance for his Native Studies classes at the University of Nebraska Omaha. In total I danced for UNO 5 times. And the hoop clinic was a 3 day thing totaling 10 hours. It was a busy week of Hoop Dancing. The girls were great travelers and had so much fun. It was fun being home.

2 comments:

mlzendejas said...

That was one busy week! Didn't get to even fit everything in! Weather was perfect and I LOVED spending time with you and the girls! FUN FUN FUN! I will email you some pictures as soon as I download them from my camera! Love you!

mlzendejas said...

Oh... and have to add "Not that bad" (to quote Gabby) ... miss the pop tasting evenings with the girls!