Friday, August 17, 2012

From drab to FAB!!

 This table was my mom's, then she gave it to my aunt, then while I was back in Omaha, my aunt gave it to me.
 Sanded, painted white, distressed and added new knobs.  (Courtney, those are the knobs you gave me, they were in a basket you had)
 This was another part of the entertainment center Cal & Courtney gave us.
 I sanded it down, painted it yellow, and stuck it in the garage for shoes and other kid stuff.
 Another part of the entertainment center.  This section was where the TV was supposed to sit, and the DVD sits inside.
 Welp, Cal cut the top off, then I sanded it down, painted it yellow, then sanded it and put stain on top of the paint. I modpodged chevron paper on the doors and then lackered it all down!
 This is the girls desk. It houses all their school stuff, and the little table inside pulls out just low enough for them to sit with their little chairs.
And the last piece of furniture I have done recently is this dresser.  Our neighbor was giving it away for free, so we took it!  It was a little banged up.  We had to glue a door back together, but a little TLC and it is perfectly new again! This is for the girls.   They already have a dresser that is blue with green doors, so this one is going to be the opposite, green with blue doors. Gabby with get this one and Charley will get the other. I am still working on it.....I painted the doors before I realized that the old knobs that were on it weren't standard....so when I went to put the new ones on I bought they didn't fit.  So I had to fill in the holes and drill new ones.  Which means I will have to repaint them.

3 comments:

mamaschramm said...

I just have no words for all this beautiful work you have done UP-CYCLING the wooden furniture! :)

mlzendejas said...

Great job Meredith! I love all the pieces! The desk is such a cute idea and it hides all the supplies! And I especially love the white table. Such a pretty transformation!

Courtney Schramm said...

the white one with the knobs is A-mazing. holy cow! you sure have a talent for that. miss hanging in that cute house.