Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kindergarten





This morning I sent my baby off to school for the first time. She loved preschool so much last year, she couldn't wait to go back this year for Kindergarten. Last night as I was putting her to bed she was asking me about Kindergarten...and if she was going to have homework.  As soon as she asked that, I remembered that her teacher gave her an assignment to do, a getting to know you page, to bring back on the first day of school....CRAP....I totally forgot!!!  Lame Mom!!!  So I had her wake up early to do it!!....haahaa...I am not setting a very good example on the FIRST day of school!!

When we were done, we started to get dressed.  I had  picked out a cute skirt outfit for her to wear.  She saw it and said she didn't want to wear it.  She wanted to wear her new "Hello Kitty" shirt. I was a little sad...normally I just give her clothes to put on, and she'll wear what I tell her.  I guess she decided that she was big enough to pick out her own clothes. ...tear...

We took our traditional pictures by the front door, and we were out the door.  I was fine up until we started driving to school.  Then I started the water works...I was amazed on how she knew where to go and what to do.  I didn't have to do anything, all the Kindergarten doors have an outside entrance, she knew where to line up and her teacher took her in.  ....and then she was gone.  What a big kid.

4 comments:

mamaschramm said...

Now my water-works are working! That was a well written journal article lol...forgot homework on the first day!Seems like just yesterday I put Benny Boy in Kindergarten! Thanks for sharing this Mere!

bmz said...

Not lame mom. You remembered. It's a good lesson to learn, do your homework the night before, or wake up really early to finish it.

What a cute, smart girl.

Kelsey said...

Can't believe they are in kindergarten already! Macey has her BYU Hello Kitty shirt all picked out to wear tomorrow. :)

Melanie said...

love that last pic of Charley... she looks SO grown up! Can't believe she's in skewwwwl already!