Friday, August 17, 2012

Work in Progress


 These two top pieces used to be part of an entertainment center Calvin and Courtney gave us, and Cal cut up for us!  I didn't need an entertainment center, but I did need nightstands
 This was right before I started painting.  I forgot to take a before picture of my room, so this will have to do!  One Saturday I painted the ceiling white and the walls grey.

 These are the results of the old entertainment center.  I painted white, distressed and put contact paper on the inside, and added new hardware (which isn't shown in this picture....I added it later).
 My room!!! I still need to order the picture we are putting above our bed, get some lamps, baskets for the nightstands, and a rug for the foot of our bed....and there is a wall I don't know what to do with, and I need to finish our dresser.  There is still a lot to do, but it is slowly coming together!
 I found this mirror at Family dollar for $10.  If you touch it, it is plastic.  And it was a bronze color.  So I painted it and antiqued it.  It looks much better!
This dresser is next on my list. I think I am going to leave the top brown, but try to sand down as much black as I can and paint it white, and distress....and get new hardware.  

It has been a year since we've moved into our house, and I was finally sick of our room, and excited about fixing it up.  My goal for this summer was getting it done.  And with all our crazy stuff at the beginning and middle of summer, I've really only had a month to do it all.  And a month may seem like a long time, but when you re-do furniture and paint with kids around, I only get maybe an hour or so a day to work on stuff while they are napping or playing.   

I have a few other projects I also did this summer, I'll post later....a desk for the girls, a shelf for the garage for shoe storage, a sofa table, and another dresser for the girls. After looking around my house, I think 80% of our furniture I have redone. 




2 comments:

mlzendejas said...

I like the white furniture! Can't wait to see all your projects in person!

Jordanlz said...

It looks like the same comforter set you bought when I was there. I thought you said you got a new one. Cool!