Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Double Doctors Apt.

We went to the doctors last Saturday because the girls were sick. We went to the after hours doctor, not our normal doctor. I didn't like her as much. In fact, I think she tramatized Charley. She was terrified of going to her check up today. Our regular doctor had to work really hard, but he was finally able to coax Charley out of her corner she was hiding in. By the end she was telling him all about how she got a baby Ariel doll from Santa.....I really like our doctor, and still travel to Provo to see him. It took me 5 different doctors before I found one I liked. There is an office right by our house, but I don't want to go through that process again. However, one of our friends just got a job out here, and is moving into the pediatric office by our house, he will get here this summer. When they get here, I'll switch the girls. I'm so excited, because I know he'll be a great doctor! And I wont have to travel so far!

Gabby's Stats - 7 months
14.8 lbs (11th %-tile)
26 inches (34th %-tile)
17.24 inches (71st %-tile)

*heehee....so she's got a little body and a big head!!!....just like grandpa (just kidding dad :)!!!)

looking at her stats from her 4 month check up, she really hasn't grown at all. I was worried going into the check up because I knew she hadn't grown. As much as I love having my little baby, I know she needs to grow. The doctor said that at about 6 months, babies get distracted easy, so if she is only eating for a few minutes on each side, she probably isn't getting her hind milk. Which is what she was doing. She will eat, and seem full, and even pull herself off. He also said it may be a combination of me training for a marathon too. A lot of calories are used up running, especially on my long runs. He said I can still train, and still feed her, but just once or twice a day top her off with formula to give her the extra calories she needs.

Charley's Stats - 3 years
28.8 lbs (27th %-tile)
38.25 inches (74th %-tile)
BMI - 13.8 (3rd %-tile)

Welp, Charley has slowed down as well. But my mom told me that all of us kids did that. We were all really tall and skinny as babies, and then we started slowing down (not that we got fat either, but when we were 2 our estimated height was supposed to be like 5' 11"....and non of us are even close!). Charley is a healthy, active little girl. Because her height has slowed down a bit, it has helped her get back on the charts for her BMI (height/weight ratio) At Charley's 2 year check up she was in the .16 %-tile....

No comments: