Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Some Very Low Fat/Fat Free Recipes

One of these days I'm gonna make a cook book! Emily asked...so here are two of my favorite easy recipes that I always have ingredients on hand for a quick fat free meal.

Chicken Packs:
Thawed Chicken Breasts
BBQ sauce
Sliced Pineapples
Green Pepper, sliced
Salt/Pepper
Foil

Preheat oven to 350
tear off a foil sheet and place one chicken breast in the foil (flip the edges of foil up to make bowl, salt and pepper to taste. Pour BBQ sauce over chicken and add a slice of pineapple and slice of green pepper.
Close off foil and repeat with as many packs and you need.
Cook for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through

*I like to serve with rice. The only fat in this meal is the chicken!!


Green Enchilada Goodness: by Liz A.
30 oz can Green enchilada sauce
chicken breasts

open your can of green enchilada sauce (the big can, not the little can...I'm not sure of the oz size) and pour in a pot and add uncooked chicken breasts (about 2 chicken breasts). Cook the chicken in the sauce on the stove top on med. heat. When the chicken is cooked through, shred with fork.

* Serve over rice, but it is really good with sour cream and cheese. Ben likes to eat it in a tortilla. If you get fat free sour cream, and depending on how much cheese you put on, the chicken and cheese are the only things with fat.

Those are 2 really simple recipes that I really like. More to come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you posted that! I remember you told me about that recipe when you were up here visiting. A lot less work than enchiladas for the same taste.