Friday, May 14, 2010

The Cruise....the Birthday Boy!


Last year when Ben turned 29 he was a little depressed that he would soon be 30. I told him for his 30th birthday I would throw him a HUGE party! He did not like that idea one bit! So I asked what he did want to do for his 30th Birthday? He said he wanted to go on a cruise. We talked about it all this last year, telling people that we were going to go. A few months ago, as I knew his birthday was approaching, I asked if he really wanted to do it?....we talk about doing a lot of things, but never really do them... But he said he really wanted to. So we went on line and found a cruise that was during his birthday weekend....and where he didn't have to take too much time off of work....and was a good deal! Thanks to our tax return....we went!!!! We were even able to fly my mom out to watch the girls while we went! I knew they would have much more fun with Nana then with us anyway....as it was, Charley was pushing us out the door to go....she had a long list of things she and Nana were going to do while she was here! Even though Gabby, Mom and Jordan got sick, I think they had fun! I was more worried about Gabby, she's more attached and a lot younger than Charley, but she did great!

A few days after we came back, Charley was asking when dad's birthday was. I realized she didn't know it was Ben's birthday because she wasn't there. So we made a cake, and surprised Ben when he came home from work!

Happy Birthday Ben! We Love You!
Love, your Girls!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

It looks like you guys had lots of fun, but then how could you not?!

All these posts are making me want to go on another cruise. :)

Jansen Tribe said...

What a great gift! Looks like tons and tons of fun! I bet he had a great 30th b-day!