Wednesday, January 21, 2009

2 more weeks

I have two more weeks to practice and finish Glamorizing my regalia. I literally spent all day yesterday at a friends house sewing. We met up in the morning and went to the fabric store and picked out some glittery fabric, and them went to her house and sewed. We made some cool applique butterflies to put on my skirt! And I am almost finished beading my headband. With my short hair, I hope this works, and will stay in. And I went and got some silver glitter tape to put around my hoops. They aren't going to be covered in it, just a splash of sliver to make them shine in the light!
I am getting more and more anxious to go out to AZ and dance!

I actually went and danced tonight at PHS's multicultural assembly, and it was not cool! I know I am in good shape, but I don't know what it is about dancing....I can run for an hour with out breaking a sweat....but have me dance for 7 minutes, and I get the wind knocked out of me.

16 more days...Phoenix here I come!

3 comments:

mlzendejas said...

Pictures, Pictures! We want pictures of your finished regalia!!! Oh, and drink LOTS of water when you go down to Phoenix so you don't get dehydrated! Keep practicing! YOU WILL DO GREAT! I am so excited for you to go down there and dance!

bmz said...

Yay!!! Get ready for highs of almost 80. Its awesome down here.

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Sa-weet! You'll do great. You will. :-D