Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dance Update...

Many people have been asking me if I am still going to dance even though I am pregnant. And the answer is YES! It is kinda like my marathon, I knew I wasn't going to win, but it was something I need to do for myself. I want to see what I can do. Ben has been amazing, he has always supported me in whatever crazy thing I decide I want to do...whether it is watching Charley while I go running for 4 hours, or figuring out how I am going to get down to Arizona. But I am in good shape, and what ever the outcome of the competition may be, at least I will never wonder. Plus, I am just barely getting into the "I don't look Pregnant, I look like I ate way too much for dinner" stage, so my dress still fits!

These last few weeks have been crazy for us, and among the mists of everything, I have been working away at fixing up my regalia. It isn't amazing, or as decorative as others, but I am proud of it. A HUGE thank you to my friend Mari...she literally spent an entire day with me helping me sew the designs on my skirt. There are 4 butterflies going around my skirt, and with the little pieces, they were a pain, but she never complained! Then I have my head band, I attached some combs to it, in hopes that it stays on a little better. The bead design is really simple, but I added the metallic pink that I used in the butterflies to help tie it all in. My hoops are the last thing I have left. I have re-taped about half of them. I am adding a sliver metallic tape to them that I found at a car place. It is supposed to catch the sun light!...I hope they will catch a few judges eyes!...heehee

I have one week left! I'll be ready! Wish me luck!


11 comments:

bmz said...

The silver will be awesome, along with the sparkles in your regalia because I'm pretty sure the competition is outside in the courtyard. It's probably going to be a little cold here-70 degrees-so be prepared for that

Crystal said...

Yay Meredith! So excited for you:) I know you'll do great. The butterflies look super cute too btw. I'd love to go w/ you! We wish you the best of luck!!

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Garrison Propaganda said...

ive been wondering whether youd still go ahead with the competition too. thats awesome you are. what a supportive husband. good luck with finishing your regalia, practice, and the actual performance. not to mention a little vacation to a sunnier region and seeing family wont hurt. hate that i look fat, but am really pregnant stage. seems to last too long!

La Roggia said...

Cute! You have to post some belly shots next!

Cherisse said...

Wow, good luck!!! The new things for your regalia look amazing! I hope all goes well for you!

Mer said...

YAY!!! Please, please, please post a video so we can watch your performance. That way we can appreciate your regalia and talent! You are amazing!!

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

I'm so happy that you're still dancing! Yay! And who knows, maybe you still will win!

mlzendejas said...

Meredith, the added touches on your regalia look MARVELOUS!!! I am impressed with your beadwork! I've know how tedious and how much work it is! Looks absolutely great! That would be neat if you did post a video! Great idea! At the very least, a picture with you in the regalia! Love you! Good luck! You and Charley will do great! I want pictures of Charley in the tiny tots competition too! So FUN... wish I could go down there with you!

Jansen Tribe said...

Good luck Mer!! I'm sure you will blow people away with your dancing!!

Unknown said...

I want to see a picture of you in your full dress, and a video of the dance as well!