Thursday, January 22, 2009

The secret is out....

So, many of you may know that Ben and I have been trying to have another baby for awhile. But not a lot of you know that we have had two miscarriages. (one for sure, the first one I was a week late, but I remember being in as much pain as when I had the second one.) The second miscarriage happened in October, and I was about 8 weeks along. It was pretty sad there for a while.

When you have a miscarriage you can ovulate anywhere between 2 and 6 weeks after. So after 8 weeks, and I still didn't get a visit from Aunt Flo, we were a little suspicious. We took a pregnancy test, and it was positive. However, you can also get a false positive up to 8 weeks after a miscarriage. (we did a lot of research on the Internet...google is great!) So we didn't get our hopes up. We went home for Christmas and still no visit. We were pretty sure we were pregnant, but not sure how far along.

When we came back to Utah, we got an official pregnancy test, and finally went to the doctors today. They did an ultrasound and they could tell for sure how far along I was by how far the baby was developed.

It turns out I am almost 14 weeks along! I guess I ovulated right after the miscarriage. The baby was very active which made it hard to figure out what the gender was. They wont know for sure until I go in for my 20 week check up, but they are almost positive it is another GIRL! ....but that is still unsure...

Either way, we are very excited for our new baby!


19 comments:

sararz said...

haha yay! another niece!

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Hooray! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! So sad to hear about your other heartbreaks - but so happy to hear about this news! Hooray!

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Maybe this is why your hoop dance the other day was so tough for you?

Scott and Analisa said...

Wow, I didn't realize you guys had had such a tough time. but congratulations!!! Are you going to get knocked out again when you deliver?? I hope you have another girl, that would be SO much fun. But I hear boys are cool too! How are you feeling? Are you having morning sickness at all?

Josh and Tawnya Begay said...

how exciting!! Congrats to you and your family. Hey, by the way.. Vee just had her baby boy!!! Yeah for babies!!

Viliami said...

I'm sorry to hear about the past two heartbreaking news, but I'm happy to hear that you guys are blessed with another baby on the way!!

Crystal said...

Meredith! Why didn't you tell me? Hello!!?!?!? haha. I'm soooo happy for you! Congratulations! Soo exciting:) I wish you the best of luck! I can't wait to meet her...or him?? I'm so happy!! I'll tell Gaylon!

Bonnie said...

YAY!!! That's so exciting!! Congrats! I'm jealous! I hope everything goes well for your dancing!! Keep it up!

Sam and/or Monika said...

WHOOPTY WHOOP!!! That is awesome! Congrats to you all, give Ben a pat on the back for me, nudge him in the ribs, wink at him and say "atta-boy!"

Ryan said...

Yay, congrats! I'm happy for you guys! Just in these last couple of days with having two little ones, it's been good, but a little difficult. I guess it's just the c-section. I don't know, but I'm very happy for you. Congrats again and good luck with your competition!

Garrison Propaganda said...

wow! im so sorry to hear youve had some difficult times in the past, but you are blessed now--and thats wonderful! im so excited for you. when is your due date? im assuming your feeling pretty well since you didnt even know youre pregnant and youre already in your second trimester. thats got to feel great! thanks for blogging about your great news. cant wait for all the future updates.

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

How fun! We're expecting too-just a couple weeks ahead of you. I also had a miscarriage (in Sept) so I didn't make the 'announcement' until later too. Well, congrats! That's super exciting! So are you still going to compete this year???

Queen said...

Congrats! We are happy for y'all. We love and miss y'all.

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

Mer, who's ur doc? Where do you go?

Mer said...

I read this and seriously almost cried. I am so excited for you. To tell you the truth Rett and I have had problems conceiving and it becomes so disheartening. It's always good to hear positive stories. Thanks for sharing this. I've been struggling with the frustration of not being able to get pregnant. I know I just need to relax and leave it in the Lord's hands. Well, hope all is well. Love ya, Mer :o)

Jen said...

Oh so happy for you Meredith! Ben told me the other day but I had no idea about the struggle so I'm sure this is all just a little extra sweeter for you all!

Kelsey said...

Yeah!! Congratulations! No wonder you're trying to potty train Charley. :)

Have fun in AZ, I'm jealous you get to visit a warm place.

Autumn said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. My sister in law had a miscarriage in December and they were devastated. That is so rough. I pray that things go well with this one.

reyesohana said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!