Thursday, January 27, 2011

I heart NYC

Annie and I in Central Park
This was an AMAZING meal at a place called Max Brenner Chocolate by a Bald Man....seriously, that was the name of it. If you ever go to NY, you have to go there. My brother recommended it, and it was the best place we ate! It's in the Village, if you want to know. But all I have to say is YUMMMM!
Statue of Liberty. We didn't have time to actually ride a ferry to the Island, but we were able to make a stop to the pier to look at it from a distance!
We went to Rockerfeller.....we even went to the Top of the Rock! It was really cool. Besides the little antenna building, we were looking down from the top of the building.
Regan charging his phone on the sidewalk. All of our phones were dead, and we needed to figure out where we were going. He was smart enough to bring his charger with him.
Umm...no comment!
The temple/Church building. We were able to go to church on Sunday! We even knew some people that were in the ward....small world....but the building was beautiful.
Central Park Fountain....where they film all those chick flick movies. Notice my pursue!?!?! That is the one I got in China Town on Canal Street. I totally got taken back to the basement of a store, with the secret stash of the "good" knock-off purses. It was kinda scary, but also kind of exciting. As we were leaving, we had to wait and stand by the door for a cop to pass. There was a lady on watch on the outside with a walkie-talkie. It was a crazy little operation.
Ben and I in Central Park
In Grand Central Station
On Wall Street!
Us on Top of the Rock! It was a beautiful view
We saw 2 Broadways while we were there. The first night we saw Wicked! It was Amazing. I didn't think I would love it as much as I did. But I almost cried it was so good! The second show we saw was called Memphis. On Saturday we didn't have tickets, but were just planning on getting discount tickets at the TKS booth. We had a few we wanted to see just in case we couldn't get the one we actually wanted. But we read about Memphis and thought it sounded good. It had won a few Tony Awards last year.
On the Subway
Time Square

Both Annie and I had never been to NY before, but our husbands had. Back in November they were talking about taking us. They decided it would be a fun Christmas present for us. They literally planed EVERYTHING without us knowing. It was so much fun. We literally left in the morning and didn't get back to our hotel until late that night. Our day was filled with sight-seeing, shows, eating, and shopping!....I didn't get a picture of everywhere we went, but the one place I really enjoyed was Ground Zero.

It was freezing cold, but I wore leggings under my jeans, and a hoodie under my coat...and we had hot chocolate at every place we ate! Plus we walked like 10 miles a day (no joke...I wore a pedometer just because I was curious on how much we would) and that warmed us up a bit.

But we wouldn't have been able to go if it weren't for Calvin & Courtney! A HUGE THANK YOU! They kept our girls entertained while we were gone. Every time I called the girls, Charley kept telling me that they were having "so much fun!" And I think they probably had more fun with them, then they would have with us.

But Thanks to Calvin, Courtney for watching the girls, Regan and Annie for being such good friends, and great travel mates, and THANKS Ben for a Wonderful Trip! I am one lucky girl!



4 comments:

Char said...

awww that sounded so fun!!

mlzendejas said...

What fun! You look so pretty in all your pictures too! I'm glad you had a good time. Wish it were a little warmer for you though! And Yay for Calvin and Courtney! What a great Uncle and Aunt they are!

Crystal said...

HOW FUN!!!! I totally want to go someday;0) You should have eaten some gray's papaya hot dogs like on "Fools Rush In!" haha

Courtney Schramm said...

you look so beautiful in all of your pictures....my goodness!