Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ummm....yeah!

So apparently I've gone mad! ....nope, I have!

I had this brilliant idea that it would be okay for Charley to have a birthday party with her friends. I made little invites and handed them out. As I was making the list, it totaled 9 little girls. On paper it didn't look like a lot, and I didn't think anything of it.

Today as I was setting up my little apartment for 11 girls (9 plus my 2 girls), all of a sudden it hit me how stupid it was, and I was nuts!

We had a little tea party, with pink juice, crackers, apples, cheese sticks and cupcakes. Then the girls were done and wanted to dance. So we played Freeze dance (where you have to stop dancing when the music stops), then we played pin the tiara on the princess (with my home-made drawing of Tiana....kinda funny in its own right!), then we made a little door hanging craft thing that had a crown on it. Then we opened presents, and after that I kinda lost them! They all wanted to play with they toys, and attentions were gone.

It was a little crazy, but I think they all had fun. I thought my teaching background would help me out with managing them, but then I quickly remembered that I am not an elementary teacher, I'm a secondary teacher, and there was a reason I was not an elementary teacher!

My house is a wreck and I was too tired to make dinner, but Charley was happy, her friends were sent home happy, I guess it was a success, but we probably wont be doing that again!



4 comments:

Annie Duckworth said...

Not to mention the mess in the bathroom...ha ha ha. It turned out great. Oh, and I love your family picture. Cute!

mlzendejas said...

I hope pictures are coming as soon as you get your second wind!!

Kelsey said...

Haha. They're suppose to go crazy, they're 3 and 4! Macey had a blast and can't stop talking about the princess presents Charley got.

But, I am glad that Macey doesn't' want a party this year. :)

Crystal said...

Thanks so much for doing that Mer! Chenoa had a blast! She talked all the way home about how fun it was, how everyone was a princess and how she got COOL treats;0) She really had fun! (ANd she was out once we got home. haha) I don't know how you did it, but I know Chenoa LOVED it! So thank you;0) Hope Charley had FUN!!