Saturday, January 15, 2011

WHY?!?!?!?!

I was cleaning out my closet today, and found these Gems! .....This one my dad would be interested in....It is probably now one of the only original REX LEE RUN for Cancer Research shirts in existence. My dad and his friend from law school started the race back when he was there....this was the first shirt made....and I have it! Don't know what to do with it, but I have it!
This shirt my mom got me right before Ben and I got married. I think it was actually in reference to Ben Afleck at the time, but I thought it was cute because I had a Ben....however, Ben hates this shirt, and it is REALLY small....we'll have to get rid of this one.
Ahh....my old Rainbow League softball t-shirt! I've had this since 5th grade....that's right....I said 5th GRADE!!!!! We were city and tournament champions that year.
This is the back of the shirt, and yes, that is my hand you can see through the shirt! It was my favorite shirt for the longest time...and it still fits me! It has been retired, but I looks like it may have bit the dust. Rainbow League shirt may you rest in peace!
Oh yes, let us not forget these gem's of pants! For those of you who knew me in junior high (which isn't a lot of my readers), these are my running tights! I ran for a club track & Cross Country Team, the Cornhusker Flyers, when I was younger, and we all had blue running tights for our meets in the winter....These were actually a lot smaller. I was about 100 lbs, and maybe even smaller, when we bought these. They have now expanded so much they are see-through! I kept them around because at one point in my life I had a Superman fetish....and these tights went great with my costume. I actually thought I lost them, but cleaning out my closet today, they were found!...only to be thrown out for real this time.

Why do I share these random articles of clothing with you? Because I think it is hilarious that I still have them! I have a few other items that will be thrown out today as well, but non as bad as these.

5 comments:

honorindians said...

Save the Rex Lee t-shirt!!!

Jordanlz said...

What is worse, a fifth grade t-shirt, or your kindergarten backpack. Mind you, I could technically still use the backpack!

W said...

Classic! I'm glad you are parting ways with the T-shirts. You should make a pillow case or something out of the Rex Lee shirt and give it to your dad.

mlzendejas said...

I agree with dad. Keep the Rex Lee shirt, but don't alter it!

P.S. Didn't know you inherited the pack rat genes, did ya?

Emily Bartlett said...

you should make a t-shirt blanket. that's what i did, and you can keep the memories alive :)