Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's a new year...


Charly's in the CTR 4 class now!
After Church on Charley's first day in CTR and Gabby in nursery!
I added this one for fun....I found this one of Charley on her first day of nursery. It is fun to see how similar they look...and how different.

The last few months have really been hard on Gabby. She just wants to run and play, and sitting still for 3 hours of church just does not seem fun for her. Gabby will be 18 months on Jan. 20th. ...in just a few weeks. And normally, it's sad when your kids start growing up, but nursery is one of those things you are counting down the days.

Today Gabby just had a hard time during sacrament meeting, especially since we were in the car ALL DAY yesterday driving back from Nebraska. All she wanted to do was run, and I couldn't blame her. But as we were getting Charley settled in to her new Primary class, she's now a CTR, Gabby was getting restless again. Walking to Sunday School I ran into a friend that was headed into nursery, she was one of the teachers. She told me to bring her in to see how she would do. (Gabby is actually on the nursery rolls, with her name blacked out until the 23rd, so she new she was getting close) We decided why not? I stayed with her during the 2nd hour, and then decided that she would be fine and then went to my class 3rd hour. I ran into Ben in the hall after he got out of Sunday School, and we walked down the hall together, with no kids. It was a little weird, but also really nice! Both our kids go to class during church!
Charley at her birthday party in Omaha at Nana & Grandpa's house!

As for miss Charley. My baby will be 4 tomorrow! I can hardly believe it. She an awesome little girl. Tomorrow she starts her Itty Bitty Basketball team, then we are going to go to see 'Tangled'. Her birthday party with her little friends will be later this week. I had so much to do before Christmas, and with us being out of town, it was hard to get it done on her birthday. She'll have a birthday week! But before we left Omaha, my parents gave her a little birthday party so they could be there! I'm pretty sure she feels special getting to have 3 birthday parties!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Church is exhausting with little kids, I'm always worn out by the time sacrament meeting is over. Our ward luckily lets the nursery kids start at the beginning of their 18 month, we are counting down the days until May 1st!

Crystal said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Charley! Giver her some hugs from us. We can definitely relate with the squirminess in Sacrament meeting...Tristan wants to talk and run and play...He seems to love nursery though, which is a big help to us!

Melanie said...

Lotsa parties! That cake looks GIANT in front of her! I can't believe Gabbster is in nursery already, seriously...