Sunday, April 14, 2013

TM5K

 Charley's school had a 5k run last Friday. Where we live, we are really secluded. And it was really easy to have the kids run through the neighborhood.  They actually ran most of the way on a dirt trail that runs along the front of all of the houses. Last year they did a "TRY-athalon".  They have always tried to encourage kids getting out and being active.  They sent home letters telling parents to have the kids train for the 5K.  I took Charley out a few times, and the day before the race, I took all of the girls. I was expecting Gabby to stay int the stroller, but to my surprise she ran all the way to the school from our house without stopping.  When she said she wanted to run the race, I was all for it.  However, I signed up for the race, and didn't think about Gabby.  So I got a shirt for me when I signed up, and when I went to see if they had extra, they were all sold out. So I cut up my shirt and sewed it back together.  It was a little snug on her, but she still looked cute! She was SUPER excited to have a shirt to run the race.
 At the start!  There were lots of mom's and dad's running.  Everyone in the school had to run it, even the teachers!  It was so fun to see the whole school out running!
 As we started running, I had one of those proud mommy moments.  It was one where I really just wanted to cry I was so happy!  I am not an amazing runner....I was decent when I was in high school. But I love it, and I was so proud of them so excited to run, and doing it!
 Crossing the finish line!



So proud of my little runners!

1 comment:

mamaschramm said...

i cried just reading about it! You cut up your own shirt too...wow! that is a sacrifice not to mention a talent to sew it back together. Love you ALL!