Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm 50% back...

So I gave in and went to the doctors last week. I realized that at the way I felt, there was no way I was going to finish the marathon. The doctor said it may be my hip flexor and recommended that I go to a physical therapist. So I went. It is very common for ladies that had babies for the joint where my hip flexor is at to turn a little because everything is already moving down there for the baby to come out. Because of that there is some stress on my muscles, and some other strains on my leg....and a lot of other stuff.

I was hooked up to this machine that ran electricity through my thigh to heat it, and then I got a massage, and they did a series of stretches to try and re fix my hip. It felt GREAT! Saturday I went on my long run and ran 10 miles before I started to feel it hurting. I probably could have stretched and gone longer but I didn't want to risk it. So I got on the bike for 6 more miles. I'm gonna have to do a lot of strength training and catching up to do, but I should make it. I'm not expecting a fast time, I'll just be happy to finish. I need to go back one more time, and hopefully that should do it.

No comments: