Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Marathon Update

We have less than two months before Ben and I run our marathon. We are running the SLC marathon on April 17th. It has been a challenge getting in our daily runs, and even a bigger challenge getting in our long runs on the weekend. There are days one or both of us can't get in our daily run, but we are always sure to get in our long run. It has been fun doing this together. I can't actually wait to run it....and maybe we'll actually get to run together!

My only problem running is my left leg. It has been hurting me ever since I started running after I had Gabby. Some days it's okay, but others it hurts too much to run. I've tried icing it, and heating it. I've taken weeks off of running and just rode the bike, but it hasn't seemed to go away. As I was running my long run on Saturday, I was trying to figure out where the pain was coming from. I don't think it is my muscle. It feels like a pinched nerve. I feel like I can run forever, except for this stabbing pain. I probably should go to the doctor. But I am hopping to fix it myself....I'm afraid if I go to the doctor, he'll tell me to stop running. We convinced Ben's brother, aunt and uncle and some cousins to run it with us. Plus Ben's parents are coming out to watch everyone run the race. Plus I really want to run it. I may end up walking, but I'll finish!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I have a thought for whatever it's worth (especially since I have no idea what your situation is...), but have you tried going to the chiropractor? I had pain in my leg for over a year, but was too poor to go to the doctor about it, and after 2 trips to the chiropractor it was instantly better. Maybe labor tweaked your back, resulting in the leg pain. Who knows, just a thought, and I'm sorry if you hate it when people have suggestions for things they don't even know about. :) Good luck with the training!

W said...

How fun! I wish I was doing it with you too. So glad you got your hip feeling better.