Tuesday, March 30, 2010

tradition....

I like this picture because the girls are following in the mom's footsteps!....If you look, Crystal, Chauma, Melisa (you can't see her very well, she's behind Chauma), and I are talking to the right....and our little girls (all 3 years old) are off to the left talking.....I'm so glad they are good little friends!
In about 15 years Living Legends will have half the Native Section filled with Charley (hoop), Chenoa (fancy), and Mya (jingle)....they were so cute the whole time, they followed each other everywhere!!
Charley danced every inter-tribal!
Jordan and Gabby...Jordan was a HUGE help with the girls! and all these pictures are her's, my camera battery was dead!


Every year since we have been here in Utah, we always make it a point to attend the BYU Pow Wow. When we were younger, we lived in Utah while my dad attended BYU Law School. Even back then I remember my mom getting us dressed up for Pow Wow.

This past weekend was the Pow Wow....I made the girls little outfits for it, as mentioned in the previous post. I am so glad I did. It was worth it to just watch Charley out there dancing! I loved watching her with her friends, I loved watching her try to hoop dance, and I loved seeing her have fun!

Tiny Tots: When the music started for tiny tots, Charley set her hoops on the ground and this kids comes and grabs one. Charley hurried and picked up the rest of her hoops, and ran after the boy! She grabbed it back and wouldn't put her hoops back down on the floor. I was a little sad because during the inter tribals she was trying to make some formations. Next time...

3 comments:

mlzendejas said...

So cute! Loved all their little regalia! Hope you got some good video of them! Fun to see them all such good friends.

Monika Crowfoot said...

so fun! and so sad we couldn't be there this year. maybe next.... ;)

Garrison Propaganda said...

SO CUTE. and can i say im so jealous that your girls get to partake in their heritage by learning these dances and participating at an early age. love it. you did an awesome, AWESOME job with their regalia. way to go meredith!